Sunday, October 19, 2014

"Stuck" part 2

I woke up at 7 am to the maintenance workers mowing the grass right outside my window. Initially I was furious. Carter wouldn't be up for at least another hour and half.....seriously?? I reached for my phone and saw that I had a message from a friend of mine whom I had not talked to in a few months. This is what it said...

"Hey girl, sorry it's early. I was wondering if you have ever considered hosting a bible study class? Just an idea, I would go!! My grandma passed away yesterday evening and I was laying in bed and for some reason I decided to look on instagram and was looking at your pics. I decided to read your blog as was amazed by how much you have grown in the past year! You are a beautiful and strong woman and this whole experience has made me want to walk close to him so I can see her again one day! I just felt like you were the perfect person to help me get there!"

Tears immediately filled my eyes. I went from being furious at the maintenance men to feeling so excited that I could run outside and hug them! There I was the night before, asking God what it is that I should be doing, and there it was! She was a blessing to me that morning and she didn't even know it! Our God works in some amazing ways!

I spent the day trying to figure out what it was that God wanted me to do through this bible study. It didn't take long for me to come across a women's study called "Stuck". After reading what the author of the study had to say about it, I knew that it was exactly what I had been looking for.

"This study exists because I know I am not alone in this. The more I am let into the deep crevasses of people’s hearts, the more I am convinced that every one of us is fighting something. Yet we look out from our secret wars and see people who smile peacefully and seem to be all right—and we smile back at them."

This spoke me. How many times have you been asked by someone "How are you?" and you automatically reply with "good", no matter how awful you are feeling inside. We all do it. We hide how we are feeling inside to match the perception of what we want others to see. I know this feeling all too well, and I do not have it all figured it. But I have a testimony that has shaped me into a completely new person, and I wouldn't trade the person that I have become, for anything. Looking back, I realize that God had to completely break me before he could use me. I am not a fan of talking in front of others, and never considered myself to lead anything. But I am so excited to share with these girls what God has taught me throughout my struggles.

It's quite funny how all of this began with the lady below my apartment that knocked on my door. Perhaps I should knock on her door and tell her "thank you....." 


P.S. If you are interested in joining the bible study, please send me a facebook message, or email me at wittybritty0413@gmail.com

 












1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for the bible study. I know t has only been 1 time so far but I already feel his presence stronger in my life. I agree that you are an amazing person and a great leader for this bible study. I am excited to learn more and be closer with God but I am also excited to have a great sisterhood of friends now because of this bible study. Thank you for this. Thank you for being you! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete