Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Gap and Goodwill

For my very first post, I thought it would be best start off on a "not so heavy" note, and show you a few bargains that I've recently found! 

Now if you do not know me personally, it is important that you know that I am a total baby GAP snob. Not only are their clothes adorable, but they wear really well. And when I say "wear", I essentially mean that they are able to survive more than multiple wears and washes after the beating that an 18 month old boy will put them through. However, I will NEVER pay full price for their clothes. It's not because their clothes are not worth the price, because they are. I have noticed however, that they rotate clothing out very regularly. This means that there is always a good selection of clearance items in their stores. But wait, it gets better. If you will subscribe to the company's email list, you will see that The Gap is always having some kind of sale. Sometimes the clearance will go an extra 40% off!! So, you should do like I do and run to your nearest Gap and stock on this seasons or next seasons clothes for your little one..... for cheap! 

For example, on my last trip to the Gap I bought a pair of shorts, a pair of pants, a shirt, a t-shirt onesie and a precious cardigan...... for a total of $22!!!!! 
 
Long sleeve Onesie- $3.59
Shirt-$4.79
Shorts-$5.98
Cardigan-$7.18
Navy Pants-$0.58.......YES you read that right!! 
I totaled up the original prices from the tags, and if I had paid original price for each item, my total would have been $93 before tax!!!! That's crazy!! 

Does anyone else ever go to Goodwill??? I remember going as a teenager with my mom or grandma when they would go "thrifting". I remember always complaining about the smell, and embarssed for even being there. Now that I'm a grown-up (hahahaha yeah right), I enjoy going to look for treasures and could care less about what people think. Sometimes I find nothing, sometimes I'll find a few little trinkets here and there, and sometimes I'll find old furniture to re-purpose. The last trip I found just few  little items that I'd love to share with you! 
I spotted this pretty artificial pink peony arrangement from a few rows over. Before even picking it up I thought that it looked very similar to one that I had my eye on from the Target Summer Home Collection. However, I wasn't about to pay $20.00 for a small little flower arrangement. Sure enough.... 
$1.99! Score! 

My favorite find of the day were these adorable vintage-looking children's bowls that immediately caught my eye. I thought they were SO cute and didn't even think twice about grabbing them up. 
After I got home and went to put 
them in the dishwasher, I turned them over and lo and behold....
POTTERY BARN KIDS!! No wonder they caught my eye! 
3 bowls x .99=$2.97 
There is no telling how much those bowls were! MAJOR SCORE!! 

So now that I've shared my secrets with you, head out to your local Goodwill and your nearest Gap and start saving money!! Just save some for me!! 

Much Love, 
Brittani 


4 comments:

  1. Wow i never thought of looking at goodwill for decor. That's is definitely my weakness and keeps me from buying a lot cause it's so expensive. I will definitely have to check them out next time. Thanks for the tip!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it���������� Can't wait to read more of your posts :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. What's your favorite goodwill to go to?
    P.s. I love my Jesus Calling daily devotional book.

    Best of luck with the new blog,
    Alex De Luna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Alex! My favorite Goodwill to go to is the one off 1604 and Bulverde Road! It's just a few min from my house, but I've been to quite a few and it always seems to have the best selection! And yes, "Jesus Calling" is such a good devotional! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

      Delete