Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Bridal Makeup

For the past few weeks I have been experimenting with different makeup products to use for my wedding, as well as engagement and bridal pictures. On a regular daily basis, I spend about 5-10 minutes on my makeup, using a little "CC cream", blush and mascara. My fiance actually prefers the "less is more" look. But for pictures, and especially for big events like my wedding, I want to create a flawless, yet long-wearing look. If you've got a special photo session coming up, or a big event such as a wedding, here a few products that I am using for my "big day", that you might want to try too!


One- I've been using this Ecotools brush for a few years now to apply blush, and after all this time, it's still going strong. I hate when bristles fall out of brushes and onto my face, and so far I don't think I've seen even one bristle fall out of this brush. Best of all, the hairs on this brush are super soft and this brush is very affordable. You can purchase it here

Two- So as I said before, I am not a foundation wearer on a daily basis. I wear a "CC Cream" or concealer and blush on most days. However, I wanted a foundation that would look great in photos and was long-wearing through sweat and tears on my wedding day. I've worn this foundation on a few occasions and I have to say, it does make my skin flawless. After 10 hours of wear, it still looked good at the end of the night. I would call this a "medium" coverage foundation as it is not too thick, which I do not like. I want it look like "my skin" but better. For the price, I really do think it lives up to it's claims. You can purchase it here.

Three- I have been using L'Oreal carbon black telescopic eyeliner for probably 6 months now, and I really really like it. I am a big fan of liquid eye liner and feel that it really stays in place, compared to pencil liner. The carbon black line is truly black and the application wand helps it glide on very smooth. I would recommend this eyeliner to anyone that has problems keeping their eyeliner from transferring to their eyelid. It does come in waterproof, and I will probably be purchasing that, especially for my wedding.

Four- This is my fourth tube of Maybelline Lash Sensational  and I have to say that I obviously really like this mascara. I am usually a covergirl last blast girl, but I love how this mascara separates my lashes and gives great volume, which I think probably has something to do with the curved wand. 

Five and Six- I am very new to contouring my face. The idea has always been very daunting to me as a "minimal makeup" girl. However, I found this NYX contour stick in "universal" at ULTA, and it is great for a beginner like me. I am not sold on the highlighter side of this stick, but the darker side is perfect for hollowing out my cheeks, forehead and nose. To blend it in after I've applied it, I use this Real Techniques sculpting brush. I absolutely LOVE this brush and Real Techniques brushes in general. 

Seven- This blush from MAC is called "Melba". I have had this blush for a few years, and every time I switch to another, I always come back to it. The color is the perfect mixture between a rosy pink and a tan. MAC blushes also seem to last a lot longer than most blushes I've tried, which is great for an outside wedding where I might be sweating....and crying...a lot. 

Eight- I'm not normally a "primer" girl, but I think for a special event, it's important to have a good base for your makeup to adhere to. The Smashbox photofinish primer is probably one of the most popular primers, and I'd have to agree. 

Nine- I have been using this Maybelline Age Rewind under-eye concealer for probably a year now, and I love it. I stopped using it for awhile, but realized my under-eyes were looking a little tired. I put this on under my eyes, over my foundation to help brighten my under-eye area. I've also been known to wear it on a daily basis as a regular concealer.


  Before...... Contouring, or Halloween makeup?

After...... My makeup in natural lighting. I don't even recognize myself...

    Later that day.... Same makeup used for engagement photos 

I hope that this post gives you an idea of some new products that you might want to try or pick up the next time you are out shopping. Most of the products mentioned are very affordable. I am by no means a professional, just sharing what works for me! I always love to hear about products that others are loving too! If you have a product that you are loving, or if you try one of these, please comment below and let me know! 

XOXO, 

Brittani 





No comments:

Post a Comment