Monday, April 13, 2015

The Bittersweet TWO!


On April 13, 2013 at 3:34pm, I gave one last push and my life was changed forever. Nothing could prepare me for what motherhood would be like, and there's no manual on how to do it the "right way." In two short years I've learned how to have real patience, how to live on minimal sleep, how to get dressed in 5 minutes, how to change diapers in the dark, and do anything with one hand. It hasn't been easy, and there will be hard days ahead, but there will NEVER be a day when I will not be on his side.



God could not have blessed me more when He made me Carter's mom. His personality is truly one of a kind. He is tender and loving, silly and smart, and stubborn but sweet. He's always watching out for me saying, "Be careful Mommy" and "Bless you" when I sneeze. At night when we pray, he bows his head and closes his eyes, and when we finish he says, "Amen!" Then I kiss his hand and he places it on his heart, and then places one on mine.  Even when he says things like "I tooted" in public, or yells "Shut up" (thank you Woody from Toy Story), from behind a scold (and usually a laugh), I still love him more than my heart can hold. 

I will always share a special bond with Carter. He has saved me in so many ways, and I know that God has an even bigger purpose for his future. I try not to think about his first day of school, graduation and beyond, however, I can't wait to see the wonderful young man that he will turn into. But TODAY he is 2 years old and I will cherish every single day that I am his Mom. 

I love you Carter Blake, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

Love, 

Mommy

















2 comments:

  1. Happy birthday sweet Carter!!!!!!... Love you always.... Todd, Mindy and Campbell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday to such a sweet, loving , funny little boy. He has brought such sunshine into many lives. He is very blessed to have you as his mom. Children are a great gift and even though the work is hard the rewards are worth it! I love him beyond words and love that I get to be his honey. Happy birthday sweet boy. Honey loves you always❤️

    ReplyDelete