Tuesday, November 18, 2014

My Beauty Favorites


These types of posts are always my favorite to read from other bloggers. I'm always interested to see which products every one else is loving. My beauty routine is super simple and I don't use anything fancy on a day to day basis. All of these products can be found at your local Target.... imagine that?? I'm ALWAYS on the hunt for new beauty products to try out, but I always come back to these favorites!  If you're a busy mom like me, a student with little time, or just looking for a simple beauty routine, then this post is for you!! 



1. NYC Sunny Brozer- Until I stumbled across this bronzer, I always had trouble finding one that wouldn't make me look orange. I have very fair skin and most bronzers look very un-natural on my skin tone. This bronzer gives my skin a healthy glow and color, without looking orange or "fake". I've tried many-high end bronzers and while some of them worked well, I have never found one that is worth the $25. NYC Sunny is very natural looking and best of all..... It's only $3!!

2. Revlon Instant Age Rewind Dark Spot Corrector (my color is fair/light) - This concealer works miracles! I am a night nurse and a single mom of a toddler, so sleep is a rare commodity. This concealer is miraculously good at completely hiding those dark circles under my eyes. Revlon does have a "dark circle corrector" from this same line, but I feel like this concealer works better since I use it on other areas of my face. I apply this with the sponge applicator under my eyes and to any other areas that might need concealing. I don't usually wear a foundation so this works very well to cover up any areas of redness that I might have. It's a very light concealer with great coverage and runs from $8-$10 depending on where you purchase it from. 

3. Covergirl Lash Blast Mascara (in very black)- I have tried MANY mascaras in my day. I've tried countless high-end mascaras as well as drugstore mascaras but I always come back to this one. If I use another mascara and then begin using this one again, I always wonder why I stopped using it in the first place. I don't know that it has to do with the formula itself but it's more about the brush that I love. It's a thicker and larger brush that seems to separate the lashes without making them look thin and "spidery". And I NEVER use waterproof mascara. I'm convinced it makes your eyelashes fall out. You can find this mascara at Target or local drugstore for around $7. 

4.NYX Lip Butter (Apple Strudel)- THIS LIP GLOSS ROCKS. Seriously, this stuff is awesome. First off, I hate sticky lip glosses. I want to be able to slide my lips across each other and them not get stuck to each other. This lip gloss is as literally as smooth as butter, hints the name "lip butter". I also rarely wear lipstick so I like my lipgloss to have some color payoff. Every color that I have in this line, has beautiful color payoff, unlike many lipglosses that are very sheer or even clear. Plus, they smell like CUPCAKES. And you better sit down for this...... you can find these at Target for $4.99!!!! 

5. Burt's Bees Sensitive Night Cream- For some reason I have always had the most difficult time finding a moisturizer that works well with my skin. I have very sensitive skin, so trying new things makes me very anxious. However, I finally found one that works for me and this face cream is the bees knees (see what I did there??). When I wake up in the morning my skin is so soft and looks very refreshed, no matter how little sleep I get. It doesn't make me red, breakout, or leave my skin looking greasy. It is $15.99 at Target which is extremely reasonable for such a great night cream! If you have very sensitive skin like me, I cannot recommend this enough!! 

6. Simple Cleansing Facial Wipes- If you do not use makeup-removing wipes, you're really missing out!! I am very particular when it comes to skincare and I never go to sleep with makeup on. These wipes will take off all of your makeup in less than a minute or two, no harsh scrubbing necessary. I used to go through facial cleanser extremely fast but once I started using these, my cleanser lasts me MUCH longer. I have tried other brands, but they never remove my makeup as well as these do. Plus they are easy to throw in your bag for use at the gym or work. I usually buy mine in a value pack (2 packs of 25) for $6.47! 

7. Simple Moisturizing Facial Cleanser- BEST FACIAL CLEANSER EVER. It sounds silly, but I would be completely embarrassed to tell you the amount of facial cleansers that I have tried in my lifetime. I haven't always had the best skin, so after a few visits to the dermatologist in my late teens, my skin is virtually breakout free except for a few monthly exceptions. However, I still have very sensitive skin and most cleansers I have tried always made my face red or very dry. I have been using this cleanser for about 2 years now and my skin has never looked better. You can find it at Target for $6.99! 

8. Garnier Fructis Hairspray (humidity control)- Although most of my hair products are "high-end" brands, hair spray is one product that I have a hard time splurging on. I feel like most of them do the same thing, some just make your hair "harder" than others. And that's exactly why I love this hairspray. It does not make your hair feel "hard" at all. I can spray it on flyaways, curls, and ponytails and it holds each style without fail. I also like that the scent is pleasant but not overpowering, like some hairsprays that always end up giving me a headache. Best of all, it's only $3.99! 


I hope that you found this post helpful in some way and that you will go out and try a few of these drugstore gems for yourself! Leave a comment below if you tried out or use any of these products and let me know how you like them!  And if YOU have any favorite beauty products, I'd love to know about them! Have a "BEAUTY-ful" day!!! 

Xoxo, 

Brittani 

4 comments:

  1. Good info! Some I use and some I want to try :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I hope you find something that you like!!

      Delete
  2. thank you so much for this! I love reading things about good drugstore products! definitely going to try some of these things out! if you have any recommendations about good products that get rid of past acne scars, please let me know! hope all is well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the way you describe all that, It shows the amount of effort you put into it. Meso Pro

    ReplyDelete